Who are we & what will you do?
IBM's Automation Platform for Digital Business offers software tools for all your business automation needs, whether it's automating repetitive tasks, capturing and storing content, modeling and running workflows (processes and cases), or automating business decisions. It is based on a state of the art ECM, BPM, ODM, and RPA products.
The User and Group Management squad is developing a service providing
1. Single sign-on capability for all IBM Digital Business Automation (DBA) components - log into a browser once and interact with any DBA component
2. Unified view on user and group resources - single version of the truth for e.g. authorization decisions across DBA components
In order for this service to unfold its power, it must be consistently used by many DBA product components, that is, all of these components must follow public standards (OpenID Connect, System for Cross-domain Identity Management) and DBA-specific implementation guidelines.
The squad is planning to provide an IBM-internal test suite where an instance of the new User and Group Management service can be used for both education and system test purposes. The setup and maintenance of the User and Group Management service instance should be automated and integrated with the regular product build pipeline. The development work for this "spin off" build pipeline can be provided by a student.
What will you learn?
Beside working with different technologies during your internship you'll get an impression how Tribes, Squads and Chapters are acting together in an international environment and how Agile Development works in practice. You'll be part of the User and Group Management Squad and will work with our technical leaders.
We're looking for a 3-6 months assignment. There might be a chance to define this internship also as a Bachelor Thesis. Let's dicuss that in case you're interested.
When applying, please scan all these documents into one single pdf file and upload under 'Resume/CV':
1) Motivation Letter incl. your earliest start date and latest departure date
3) University enrollment document ('Imma')
4) Current transcript of records and other relevant certificates / references
5) Non-EU citizen: copy of passport, residence and work permit (where available)
Thank you !
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0161) IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
Full-time OR Part-time
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You should have knowledge in:
- Required: GitHub
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Gradle, Jenkins
- OpenID Connect, System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM), JSON Web Tokens (JWT), WebSphere Liberty, Docker
- German B1
New Collar Role