EXTREME BLUE 2018: Quantum Machine Learning with HHL Algorithm
In this project the goal is to develop an quantum machine demonstrator. The team will implement this demonstrator in QISKit based on the well-known HHL algorithm. Once implemented, the demonstrator will be used to determine the quantum speedup provided by HHL in this particular application.
The Goal is to develop a real-world application for the quantum development framework provided by the IBM Q. This will allow us to show the applicability of quantum hardware, and may be crucial in demonstrating quantum advantage in the future.
Beyond the scope of machine learning, a functional implementation of the HHL algorithm will be useful in many fields, such as optimization, logistics planning, or finite element analysis; in short - any field that relies heavily on the solving of linear equations.
Thus, this implementation will constitute a milestone for the commercialization of quantum computing technology.
Timeframe: Mid July to October 2018 (10-12 weeks)
In order to process your application quickly and effectively, we kindly ask you to provide the following information with attachments (.pdf please) where necessary :
- Copies of certificates and references where available (school termination certificates, university placement / internship / language certificates, references etc.)
- Your latest official transcript of records from your present study institution
- An official certificate of enrolment, declaring that you are registered as a student
- During which timeframe are you able to do the internship?
- In the light of your study regulations, is the placement you are applying for of mandatory nature (British term: 'university placement'; German term: 'Pflichtpraktikum), or is it of voluntary nature to you (is it a truly voluntary 'internship')?
- If it is a 'university placement' ('Pflichtpraktikum') for you, please provide the following:
- a copy of the section in your current study regulations ('Studien- und Prüfungsordnung') specifying the duration of the placement.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0161) IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English & German Language Proficiency
Programming skills (Python preferred)
Quantum Computing, Linear Algebra, Machine Learning, Agile Development
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role