Description de l'offre
EXTREME BLUE 2018: Cognitive Watson Assistant for the Aging Population
In this Extreme Blue Project the students will work together with IBM consultants and domain experts from the insurance industry / care industry to develop a Cognitive Assistant for people needing care based on IBM Watson technology.
In times of an aging population the topic “elderly care” becomes more and more relevant. In the future the number of people who are not able to continue their life on their own will increase dramatically. And while this effect is happening, there will also be less people who can take care of them. This does not only affect the elderly in need of help but also other parties like their relatives or the care industry. With the help of IoT-Technology and Data Analytics it is already possible to detect incidents such as “accidental fall”, “food delay” or “water overflow”. In case of anomalies such as delayed eating an alarm chain can be activated and the relatives (and / or a care provider) will be alerted.
We want to think one step further and extend this solution with a Cognitive Assistant. Our vision is that Watson understands the current situation of the (elderly) person needing care and helps them to handle potential incidents on their own. The team has to create a Cognitive Assistant that can communicate with the user (the elderly person) in an appropriate way, asking reasonable questions and provide important (situation-related) information. The solution will be a milestone in the care sector.
Timeframe: Mid July to October 2018 (10 - 12 weeks)
In order to process your application quickly and effectively, we kindly ask you to provide the following information with attachments (.pdf please) where necessary :
- Copies of certificates and references where available (school termination certificates, university placement / internship / language certificates, references etc.)
- Your latest official transcript of records from your present study institution
- An official certificate of enrolment, declaring that you are registered as a student
- During which timeframe are you able to do the internship?
- In the light of your study regulations, is the placement you are applying for of mandatory nature (British term: 'university placement'; German term: 'Pflichtpraktikum), or is it of voluntary nature to you (is it a truly voluntary 'internship')?
- If it is a 'university placement' ('Pflichtpraktikum') for you, please provide the following:
- a copy of the section in your current study regulations ('Studien- und Prüfungsordnung') specifying the duration of the placement.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(7240) IBM Deutschland GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Good German and English language skills
Natural Language Processing
Machine Learning, Programming (Backend and Frontend)
Agile Development, Ontologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role