EXTREME BLUE 2018: Cognitive Decision Support in an Insurance Domain Knowledge System
In this Extreme Blue Project the students will work together with IBM consultants and domain experts from the insurance industry to develop a text analytics solution, based on IBM Watson technology.
The domain experts in the insurance industry rely heavily on information saved in unstructured sources for their every day decisions. Examples for these sources are contracts, claims, medical data, assessments, expert reports, guidelines, news, and many more. The assessment of these amounts of data costs time and is a complex task due to the nature of the documents. We want to help the insurance experts with a self-learning solution.
The ambition is that Watson investigates the unstructured data and supports the decision maker. The team must create linguistic annotators in German language with a deep dive in domain specific language and feed a machine learning model with the extracted data. The solution will be a milestone in computer linguistics applied to real customer data of a leading insurance company in the DACH region.
Timeframe: Mid July to October 2018 (10-12 weeks)
In order to process your application quickly and effectively, we kindly ask you to provide the following information with attachments (.pdf please) where necessary :
- Copies of certificates and references where available (school termination certificates, university placement / internship / language certificates, references etc.)
- Your latest official transcript of records from your present study institution
- An official certificate of enrolment, declaring that you are registered as a student
- During which timeframe are you able to do the internship?
- In the light of your study regulations, is the placement you are applying for of mandatory nature (British term: 'university placement'; German term: 'Pflichtpraktikum), or is it of voluntary nature to you (is it a truly voluntary 'internship')?
- If it is a 'university placement' ('Pflichtpraktikum') for you, please provide the following:
- a copy of the section in your current study regulations ('Studien- und Prüfungsordnung') specifying the duration of the placement.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(7240) IBM Deutschland GmbH
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Good German and English language skills
Natural Language Processing
Machine Learning, Programming (Backend and Frontend)
Agile Development, Ontologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role