You and IBM India
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Your day in the role will include...
· Implementation of use cases for Hadoop - DW Augmentation and Data Exploration
· Traditional DW architecture solutions – Kimball, implementations, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Netezzza, Teradata, Green Plum or other appliance based solutions
· Design / develop RDBMS migration to Hadoop, Data Lake Solutions
· Metadata Management skills on Cloudera Navigator, Apache Atlas, Apache Falcon
· Customer Experience Management, Risk Management or Real time data management use cases and projects like Marketing and Web Analytics, Social Analytics, Sensor Data for IOTs, Risk Analytics
· Ability to size and develop / validate physical architecture of data platform
You will come with...
· Delivery experience in a bigdata solution to production for a client.
· Ought to have knowledge / understanding / familiarity / work experience of various bigdata architectures like Lambda / kappa
· Design experience in bigdata solutions. You should have detailed knowledge of Micro and Macro designing
· Good leadership skills and should be a good phenomenal teammate.
· Expert in automation / scheduling tool like Oozie or Cronacle or any other
· Familiar with one cluster manager like Cloudera Manager or Ambari
· Worked on any of the Hadoop Distribution: BigInsights / Hortonworks/ Cloudera / MapR
· End to end bigdata solution covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers.
How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
· You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Hadoop, Hive, Spark / PySpark, SQL, Oozie, Kafka
· Data Modelling in Hive
· Programming Languages: Java / Python / Scala
· Should have done micro / macro designing
· Unix Commands and in Unix Shell Scripting
· NoSQL database like MongoDB/Cassandra/HBase/Couchbase
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 13 years real time experience in BigData projects. Overall experience 12 plus years
· Experience with Major Hadoop distributions – Cloudera, Hortonworks, Big Insights, MapR or Cloud based Hadoop distributions AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight, Watson Data Platform (BlueMix)
· Superb communication skills
· Excellent client facing skills
Secondary Job Category
12 to 15+ Years of total experience required.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.