Description de l'offre
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 231691
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Operations and Engineering Center is looking for a Systems Engineer with a strong IT background to develop engineering customizations in COMOS.
This position will work with other System Engineers and Management to optimize the hardware engineering process, support COMOS development activities, and coordinate this work with head quarters.
The COMOS System Engineer should have some knowledge and experience of working with COMOS or similar information management software products, ACAD, or Micro Station. In addition, should also have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of database modeling, schema definition, and data mapping. In addition, some knowledge of VB.Net and C# programming would be advantageous.
Must also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present at internal and external project meetings. In addition, must have the ability to complete defined work assignments on time and to defined standards and quality, working equally well as part of the team or alone.
The person in this role will be trained on applicable COMOS modules, as well as have the ability to train others.
In general, this role may have the following:
• Knowledge of Marine, Fiber, and/or Minerals plants environment
• Knowledge other systems such as ACAD, Micro Station
• Scripting, Visual Basic, SQL, XML, Terminal Server
• Process engineering skills, professional experience desirable
• Programming skills (VB, C #)
• Trainer Experience
Required COMOS Module Training:
At a minimum, this person shall be trained, as part of this role, in the following COMOS areas:
• COMOS Basic
• Admin I
• Admin II
After proper training and related COMOS experience, This person will administer COMOS projects. The role includes project and task scope definition, system installation and management, configuration work - which adheres to the Customer's standard project methodology, User training, and User support. This person will work on a range of COMOS configuration assignments and may work alone, or within a small managed team environment and may act as the leader of that team.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
• System Administration
• Monitor general COMOS performance and recommend and implement improvements
• Perform software upgrades
• Problem analysis and resolution
• Fixes causes, not just symptoms and work to eliminate recurring problems
• Communication - keep project team and users informed of problems, scheduled downtime, or anything that may affect operation
• Database Administration
• User Management - maintain COMOS Security and Role Management
• Creation and maintenance of master data objects COMOS (templates, eBlocks, tasks)
• Expansion of COMOS standards by conception and development of new features
• COMOS License Management
• User Support
• Project and Portfolio Management
• Setting up of new projects and integration of project teams
• Management and Synchronization of Working Layers
• Structure databases and workflows
• Obtain knowledge of Project-specific Database configurations and manage accordingly
• Base Object Configuration
• Structures and representation in the Navigator
• Properties, behavior and appearance of objects
• Configuration Definition, Creation, and Management
• Handling of the context menu
• Creating Equipment Objects and Elements
• Tabs & Attributes catalog
• Handling of attributes
• Create, manage, link
• Selection Lists
• Creating and linking with objects
• Add objects to attributes
• Expand Root objects with attributes
• Symbol Development
• Creating and Managing Graphics
• Handling of sub-symbols
• Create graphics and data technology
• Queries, XML Export Templates
• Use of COMOS Object Debugger for Scripting
• Implement Third Party Interfaces
• Creation of Customer or project specific training materials
• COMOS Users
• CAD / CAE professionals
• Back-up IE
• General Project and Configuration Assistance to
• Project Management
• Process Engineering
• Engineering Management
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019