Job ID: 296640
Mode of Employment: Permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is an independently managed company of Siemens AG. Siemens Mobility has been a leading provider of transport solutions for more than 160 years, and is continuously developing its portfolio through innovation. Its core business comprises rolling stock, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic engineering, and the associated services. By harnessing digitalization, Siemens Mobility enables mobility operators the world over to make their infrastructure intelligent, increase their value added sustainably over the entire lifecycle, improve passenger comfort, and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, Siemens' former Mobility Division reported sales revenue of 8.1 billion euros and employed some 28,400 people around the world.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Working under a German employment contract above the general pay scale, you will be responsible for the commissioning of our railway signaling systems as part of an extensive modernization project in Algeria to raise track technology in particular, but also vehicle technology in the country to a new level.
· To this end, you will manage approximately 50 employees at both the functional and the disciplinary level, setting a hands-on example and ensuring the further development of your team.
· You will develop modification, commissioning and acceptance concepts, focusing in particular on workflow planning for your commissioning measures.
· With your team, you will carry out function tests as well as commissioning and acceptance procedures, focusing firmly at all times on compliance with processes and standards.
· You will be responsible for reporting and for ensuring adherence to EHS guidelines.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
· A degree in engineering or a vocational qualification as a state-examined engineer forms the basis for your successful career to date.
· Your impressive track record includes many years' professional and managerial experience in relation to commissioning, which you have accumulated in the field of railway engineering, power plant engineering, automation engineering or plant construction.
· You are used to working in an international environment, and ideally have already led multinational teams.
· You are proficient in spoken and written French; German and/or English language skills would be useful.
· You are keen to undertake a delegation of approximately three years before returning to take up a new position in Germany.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Karl-Christian Gerbaulet.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.