Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference in patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
Program SaVIE (VIE of Sanofi) is available to citizens of the European Economic Area (EU + Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28.
PLEASE NOTE that since the VIE Program is primarily an international development program, candidates cannot apply to a VIE assignment in their own country of citizenship.
PLEASE NOTE that applications that are only submitted in French cannot be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Sanofi worldwide. Therefore, only applications that are submitted in English will be considered.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and is embedded in our Core Values. We respect the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our employees, patients and customers.
We are looking for a candidate for a VIE mission of:
Diabetes and Obesity Drug Discovery Scientist
- VIE Contract (W/M)
In order to develop new therapeutic opportunities for patients with diabetes, our lab conducts in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies in different models (cellular and animal) to elucidate the anti-diabetic and anti-obesity potential of novel chemical molecules. Towards this aim, we have and continue to establish novel models of disease to understand the mode of action (MoA) of these novel entities.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented recent graduate (BS, MS, MSc or PhD degree) who is eager to learn and master both in vitro and in vivo tools to investigate the pharmacological properties of novel molecules in animal models of diabetes and obesity.
- Plan and conduct in vitro experiments in appropriate cell lines
- Plan and conduct mode of action studies
- Plan and conduct in vivo experiments in animal models of type 2 diabetes and obesity with novel molecules
- Conduct data analysis, prepare reports and present data for scientific discussion
- Good scientific / research background together with at least a Master’s degree in relevant fields (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology)
- Ability to work with small laboratory animals such as mice and rats (e.g. FELASA Category B certificate for persons carrying out animal experiments)
- Experience with cell culture, Western blots is desired
- Experience performing biochemical assays is desired
- Ability to perform biochemical measurements (eg. measurement of blood or plasma glucose, insulin, triglycerides, fatty acids levels)
- Proven experience working in an in vivo pharmacology laboratory (Internship minimum)
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, German as a plus
- Interest in pursuing a career in the area of diabetes and metabolism
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of statistics (eg. Excel, Word, GraphPad® PRISM etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Training as In Vivo Biology Technician is preferred