Description de l'offre
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Data management and IT
Help Desk Analyst
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Help Desk Analyst, you provide administration, support, and training related to third party PC software applications. You'll have the opportunity to provide internal and external Help Desk support, provide support for the network environments, and continuously build and improve upon the company's technical and operational processes. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
• Providing Helpdesk support for all clients, fully documenting all incidents within the helpdesk system, and providing subject matter expertise in multiple applications
• Providing accurate and creative solutions to customer problems of moderate nature to ensure end user productivity;
• Acquiring and maintaining domain knowledge of relevant products (software and hardware) and supporting policies in order to provide accurate solutions to customers
• Installing, rebuilding, repairing and replacing existing Personal Computer (PC) infrastructure and configurating Operating System in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Applying OS upgrades and patches on a regular basis
• Championing process improvements within the team and organization
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Travel limited to 1 - 2 weeks per year
Candidate skills & requirements
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
• Requires an Associates degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science, or Engineering. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires computer knowledge; specifically PC hardware, printers, networking, Windows 10, and Microsoft Office Technology requirements
• Requires excellent written and verbal communications and customer service skills
• Must be able to qualify for an ITAR license
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
• Team oriented
• Process focused
• Open & honest communication
• Quality minded
• Ability to persevere and honor commitments
• Recognizes success
• Executes with urgency
• Customer focused in everything we do