The department Chemistry Development belongs to the Chemistry Rare Reagents unit in Roche Centralized and Point of Care Solutions. We have our focus on the design, development and supply of novel functional reagents by chemical synthesis for all Roche Diagnostics Business Areas and also for some Roche Pharma Divisions. Your work will focus on the following aspects:
· In order to test new functional molecules like labels in diagnostic assays they have to be connected to specific and selective recognition biomolecules like antibodies via so called linkers which themselves can influence these specifiers tremendously. Your task will be to develop new linkers and conjugation methods together with an optimal combination of specifier and label.
· Furthermore linkers are potent tools for immobilizing functional molecules onto surfaces like arrays or particles. Such linkers tune the properties of both the functional molecule and the surface. You will investigate this relation and its influence on diagnostic tests.
· We will ask you to design new linker molecules and activation chemistries.
· Planning, performing and interpreting experiments in an independent manner are another aspect of your project.
· Shared mentorship between the Chemistry Rare Reagents unit and an academic partner will ensure high scientific standards and provide fundamental input from both diagnostics industry and academic research
· Finally you will be part of a highly motivated team having profound experience in the field and using state of the art equipment.
Who you are:
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
· You hold a PhD in the fields of organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or bioorganic chemistry.
· We can trust in your profound knowledge in chemical synthesis.
· Your experience in modern synthesis is of high value to us.
· You are well experienced in applying spectroscopic and chromatographic methods.
· You are able to correlate molecular structure and functionality.
· We would appreciate additional experience in the application of molecules in biochemistry and medicine.
· Your qualification should be clearly demonstrated by at least one first author paper published or accepted in a high-quality journal.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills are your strengths. In addition you are sensitive to intercultural and interdisciplinary matters.
· You are a pro-active individual with passion and commitment to innovate healthcare through our Roche Diagnostics Postdoc Program.
· Working in a team comes natural to you.
· You already demonstrated personal flexibility and the capability to work independently.
· Highly advanced planning and organization skills complete your profile.
· Excellent English skills are required, German is not mandatory.
This position is fixed termed to 2 years.
Please apply until: 15 September 2018
We look forward to receiving your completed application with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae!
Whom to contact
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Lobentanz, ).
For a complete application please add an updated CV, a motivational letter specific to the position and all relevant certificates. Please consider that after submission you won't be able to add any further documents.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
With more than 12,000 employees Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) represents the third largest site within Roche. Apart from the two sales organizations in Germany (Roche Pharma AG and Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) RDG is focused on the operative business. At the two sites in Mannheim and Penzberg new diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical active ingredients are developed and produced for the global market.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.