The department Chemistry Development is part of the Chemistry Rare Reagents unit in Roche Centralized and Point of Care Solutions. Based on chemical synthesis methods we design, develop and supply tailor-made functional reagents for all Roche Diagnostics Business Areas.
Your work will focus on the following aspects:
· Mass spectrometry offers the possibility to quantify analytes in complex sample materials and is widely used in diagnostics e.g. to develop reference methods. The sensitivity of mass spectrometry can be further improved by derivatization of the compounds to be measured. Goal of this synthesis project is to design, synthesize and develop highly specific and fast reacting derivatization reagents for a variety of molecules of interest to increase the sensitivity of MS methods.
· The project will be performed in close collaboration with analytical groups to develop a deep insight into the relationship of structural design and sensitivity outcome of the derivatized molecules
· Planning, performing and interpreting experiments in an independent manner are also an important part of your project.
· Shared mentorship between the Chemistry Rare Reagents unit and an academic partner will ensure high scientific standards and provide fundamental input from both diagnostics industry and academic research
· Finally you will be part of a highly motivated team having profound experience in the field of diagnostics development and using state of the art equipment and facilities.
Who you are:
You are a candidate who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company offering the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
· You hold a PhD in the fields of organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or bioorganic chemistry.
· You possess a profound knowledge in chemical synthesis.
· Your experience in modern synthesis is of high value to us.
· You are well experienced in applying spectroscopic and chromatographic methods.
· You are able to correlate molecular structure and functionality.
· We would appreciate additional experience in the application of molecules in analytical methods and applications.
· Your qualification should be clearly demonstrated by at least one first author paper published or accepted in a high-quality journal.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills are your strengths. In addition you are sensitive to intercultural and interdisciplinary matters.
· You are a pro-active individual with passion and commitment to innovate healthcare through our Roche Diagnostics Postdoc Program.
· Working in a team comes natural to you.
· You already demonstrated personal flexibility and the capability to work independently.
· Highly advanced planning and organization skills complete your profile.
· Excellent English skills are required, German is not mandatory.
This position is fixed termed to 2 years.
Please apply until: 19 October 2018
We look forward to receiving your completed application with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae!
Whom to contact
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Lobentanz, ).
For a complete application please add an updated CV, a motivational letter specific to the position and all relevant certificates. Please consider that after submission you won’t be able to add any further documents.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research
· Who we are
Die Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern der drittgrößte Standort im Konzern. Neben den Vertriebsorganisationen in Deutschland (Roche Pharma AG und Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) fokussiert die RDG auf das operative Geschäft. In den beiden Standorten Mannheim und Penzberg werden neue diagnostische Tests und pharmazeutische Wirkstoffe für den weltweiten Markt entwickelt und produziert.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.