What we do and who we are:
We are a biochemistry group with tasks from protein purification to in-depth protein analytics. Our lab consists of 6 members with all kinds of expertise and backgrounds such as protein purification, bioanalytics, automation and digitalization.
We are part of Large Molecule Research (LMR) which is the technological unit of Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). Other units of LMR include discovery and process development and we work very closely with our colleagues in Basel and Zürich. LMR (and the whole company) is characterized by an open minded and international environment with very friendly people - and we really want to highlight this. In our team, every opinion counts.
We like to focus on making our everyday job something that we enjoy to do. We accomplish this by always looking for new challenges, working in a matrix environment and by always doing the most innovative things in our field. We disrupt silos and make the best out of our science by sharing information with our peers. In LMR we use state-of-the-art science developing medicines that have direct impact on patients and society. We have always one goal in mind: invent medicines to save lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative biochemist (m/f/d) to join our team!
If you are passionate about proteins and if you want to support us with all kinds of biochemical methods, you are the right person to join us. As we are always looking for the best methods in the market it is good to be interested in trying new methods and technologies. If we don't find what we are looking for then we develop it ourselves.
What's the job about:
We routinely use all biochemical methods we can think of, mainly HPLC-based methods like SEC, HIC and IEX, but also CE-SDS, DLS, cIEF and many others. In your daily work you would be collaborating in a matrix environment with expert scientists from all areas - from molecular biology to process development.
Your every day work would include analyzing and interpreting data after performing your experiments. You will also join interdisciplinary teams with specific goals such as process improvements, high-throughput analytics or digitalization.
Do you have what it takes for this position?
· Personally: You are a person who takes initiative courageously and creatively. You are open to new ideas and challenge conventional paradigms
· You enjoy to work in an interdisciplinary manner
· You are self-motivated and able to familiarize yourself quickly with new biochemical methods and software systems
· We can trust in your excellent communication skills which enables you to work in a team as well as in an international environment
· Generally, you are interested in the workflows of research laboratories
· Technically: You have a Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry or an equivalent background with first work experience
· A solid biochemical and analytical knowledge defines you
· Ideally, you gained practical experience in LIMS and/or electronic laboratory notebooks in a scientific environment
· Very good English skills (written and spoken) complete your profile. German language skill would be an advantage.
This position is temporary limited to one year.
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. All further relevant documents, such as certificates, reference letters etc. will be handled at a later stage.
· Who we are
With more than 12,000 employees Roche Diagnostics GmbH (RDG) represents the third largest site within Roche. Apart from the two sales organizations in Germany (Roche Pharma AG and Roche Diagnostics Deutschland) RDG is focused on the operative business. At the two sites in Mannheim and Penzberg new diagnostic tests and pharmaceutical active ingredients are developed and produced for the global market.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.