A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Employs independent judgment in guiding moderately complex activities involved in the successful implementation of an integrated business solution, ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction. Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies, policies, and procedures while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. As a project lead, assists project team with aspects of their roles. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of small projects and sub-projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 0-5 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
With more than 420,000 customers and deployments in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Oracle Cloud is the industry's broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and even lets you put Oracle Cloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing business agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.
In 1998, NetSuite pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution, establishing the world's first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the Internet. Today, NetSuite provides a Suite of Cloud-based Financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Omnichannel Commerce Software that runs the business of more than 40,000 companies, organizations, and subsidiaries in more than 100 countries. NetSuite is now the world's leading provider of cloud-based business management software.
About Oracle Consulting
Oracle Consulting, the #1 Organisation for Oracle Cloud, is focused exclusively on Oracle Cloud solutions and staffed with the experts that others turn to for best practices. With our global scale of more than 13,000 experts serving more than 20 million users, we know how to get you up and running in the Oracle Cloud as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
Our experts deliver industry-leading solutions utilizing their experience and the most sophisticated Oracle product access, capabilities, methods, and tools across diverse industries and geographies. We help reduce customer's implementation effort and time by up to 40 percent with our proven cloud methodology, unique automation toolkit, and flexible delivery options. Whether it's optimizing for adoption, extending the customers' cloud footprint, or identifying new opportunities, Oracle Consulting remains by their side throughout their entire journey. In fact, more than 70 percent of all global Oracle Cloud projects are delivered by Oracle Consulting.
To start, you'll be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people — invested in our customers and the community. If you're looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of NetSuite's Professional Services implementations of the on-demand NetSuite application. Under the guidance of NetSuite's One Methodology, the resource will drive the delivery of NetSuite's Professional Services engagements according to the agreed upon scope, time and budget – all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking and communicating the progress of projects, and in ensuring the quality delivery of NetSuite's Professional Services. From Initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and will work with a number of resources within a matrix environment.
From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation and signoffs of key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, regular Status and Risk reports. He/she will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations, in regards to project scope, the NetSuite delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication and risk management plans.
· Plan, manage and communicate the progress of the project, achieving project milestones and maintaining momentum of the project
· Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks
· Provide pre-sales support
· Communication to prospective and current customers the NetSuite Methodology
· Bachelors' degree preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business
· At least 5 - 7 years of experience in systems applications consulting, either internally via an IT organization or externally with a consulting firm or software provider.
· A Strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
· An excellent understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas), Inventory Management (Purchasing and Fulfillment) as well as support (Cases Management and Territory Management).
· Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
· Manufacturing and/or e-Commerce experience is desired, but not required.
· Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable world class software solution.
· Experience with software in an ASP/SaaS environment is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management, and sales force automation software. Previous consulting experience with the following applications is a solid predictor of success as an Implementation Project Manager at NetSuite: QuickBooks, Great Plains, SalesForce.com, Upshot, ACT, Goldmine, MAS 90, Siebel, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards.
· Web Experience: Experience with designing and writing HTML, Java and Java script for an ecommerce Web site. Implementation of any NetSuite internal or external website.