Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform detailed design based on provided high level design specifications. Assist in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Build enhancements (including new product features) and resolve bugs. Build and execute unit test and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Interact with QA and porting engineering about problems in the code.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join one of our Product Teams in Munich. You will be working as part of a high performing cross-functional team on a large Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) system. You will be growing the most widely used online collaboration platform in the world for Construction, Infrastructure, and Energy and Resources projects.
Through collaboration, Test-Driven Development and good engineering principles, you will be building new, valuable functionality whilst continuously improving the design, security, scalability and reliability of the platform.
The daily work will include analyzing requirements, working together with our Usability and Graphics Designers to detail the User Stories, implement the functionality, write automated unit and integration tests, and hand over to our QA testers for in-sprint and regression testing.
· Design, write and test new software
· Improve existing systems by analysing and identifying areas for modification and enhancement.
· Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects.
· Consult with clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information;
· Engage with the graphic and user interface designers to ensure a good and consistent user experience
· Assist Quality Assurance, Operations and Client Operation teams as required
· Constantly update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
· Responsible for the quality of Aconex software by contributing to test plans and writing automated unit tests
· Proactively contribute to ongoing process improvement
Required Skills and Experience
· At least 3 years of experience in programming Java J2EE
· Proven competency in the following environments:
· SQL and ORM usage
· Software development lifecycle using modern software IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ) and tools like Git or similar
· Building scalable, reliable, well-architected software
· Open for new technologies
· Effective oral and written communication skills in English
· Understanding and experience with lean software engineering processes and principles, particularly in an agile development life cycle
· Fondness of Linux, and ability of shell scripting
· Oracle database administration
About the business
Oracle Aconex's cloud-based project collaboration tools, in conjunction with the Oracle Construction and Engineering Cloud, will provide a comprehensive solution for construction project management and delivery. Connecting teams across projects, Aconex software offers automatically constructed audit trails and private workspaces for each participating company. Designed for quick deployment, the Aconex cloud platform combines speed and flexibility to meet the specific needs of each client. As a comprehensive solution, Aconex software shares data and processes throughout the project life cycle, easily transitioning during new phases and handovers while offering a secure cloud environment. “The Aconex and Oracle businesses are a great, natural fit and highly complementary in terms of vision, product, people and geography.” – Leigh Jasper, CEO, Aconex The Oracle Construction and Engineering Cloud already offers customers the industry's most advanced solutions for planning, scheduling and delivering large-scale projects. Together, Oracle and Aconex will provide an end-to-end offering for project management and delivery that enables customers to effectively plan, build, and operate construction projects.