Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsible for proactively soliciting and handling group/catering related opportunities for The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin and Berlin Marriott Hotel. Maintaining and developing existing and new accounts- total account management. Actively up-sells each business opportunity and appropriately places business into the right brand/property to maximize revenue. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely manner for proper service delivery and in accordance with brand standards. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.- focus on USA and Canadian market
· Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
· Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
· Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the Event Booking.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
· Develops new business opportunities and actively searches for innovative sales approach applying the companies principles that sets us apart of the competition.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
· Identifies new group/catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
· Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
· Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
· Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service to all Guests and Customers
· Supports the company's Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
· Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
· Executes and supports the company's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
· Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
· Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
· Adapt tp the customes preferences and needs, being able to provide luxury experiences as well as business oriented.
Additional Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
· Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
· Conducts site inspections, FamTrips, etc which supports the property in achieving and maximizing customer relationship, market share and revenue goals.
· supports and creates proposals and contracts as required
· Participates actively in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
Ensuring fostering team work to achieve overall property goals
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.