Job ID 1027182 Date posted 10/9/2018 Primary Location Hanover, Maryland, United States; Durham, North Carolina, United States; Andover, Massachusetts, United States; Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, United States; Alpharetta, Georgia, United States Other location Hanover,Maryland,United States of America;Andover,Massachusetts,United States of America;Berkeley Heights,New Jersey,United States of America;Durham,North Carolina,United States of America;Durham,North Carolina,United States of America Job Category Services Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (United States of America)
Are you looking for a Project Management role with one of the most impactful technology companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
About the Enterprise Custom Solutions Project Manager
The Custom Solutions organization within HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery (GSD) organization manages the delivery of custom and complex support solutions globally for HPE enterprise customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our team to take on project management responsibilities for multiple HPE enterprise customers in the Eastern US.
In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to further develop your expertise with HPE project methodology as well as PMI methodology. You will work with the customer and internal teams to ensure effective and timely delivery.
You will work on- and off-site from an HPE office in one of the following locations. No relocation assistance available.
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Position may require some overnight travel. It is not expected to exceed 25%, but will vary depending on the needs of the business.
As the Enterprise Custom Solution Project Manager, you will:
· manage small and medium customer project and program engagements, typically regional in scope
· manage project financials including P&L
· meet or exceed approved budgets for projects and programs
· lead regular project and program reviews delivered to HPE management and project/program stake holders
· provide reliable financial forecasts to HPE Services management
· manage business development
· identify and develop new opportunities on current projects or programs
· support qualification and opportunity assessment for small straightforward opportunities
· act as opportunity manager for low-risk deals
· manage client relationships
· manage first- to mid-level client delivery relationships
· frequently represent the organization to external customers / clients
· manage project team when required
· manage a small team of internal as well as external resources when required
· encourage skill development of project team members as required
· work on a development plan leading to higher PM skills
· participate in the HPE Program Manager (PM) Professions community
· perform other duties as needed or assigned
You’ll have the opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, while gaining experience as an Enterprise Custom Solution Project Manager , which can lead to future careers within HPE.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical discipline
· 3+ years’ experience in project management, working on IT rollouts such as servers, storage, networking and other enterprise technologies ideal
· Without a Bachelor’s or higher level degree, an additional 2 years’ relevant experience, for a total of 5+ years
· ITIL Certified desired
· CAPM or on track to obtain certification preferred; PMP certification ideal
Knowledge and Skills Required
· 3+ years demonstrated customer-facing experience
· Demonstrated financial acumen in working with project P&L
· Demonstrated ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions to solve client problems
· Good basic Excel skills required; advanced Excel skills including formulas and pivot tables preferred
· Proven customer relationship skills
· Demonstrated ability to implement innovative approaches and solutions to solve client problems
· Demonstrated basic knowledge of IT Services’ operational policies, processes and methodologies applicable to project management
· Basic understanding of project management methodologies
· Ability to interface with key customer personnel/strong customer relationship capabilities
· Proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
1. Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2. Sign in, or create and confirm an account
3. Click “Search Jobs”, then enter job number – 1027182
4. Complete full application process
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
· Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
· Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
· Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
About HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery
HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery (GSD) works hand-in-hand with the largest commercial and public sector customers globally to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, and around the world. Deliveringthe operational stability, cost reductions, flexibility,resiliency and scalability enterprise customers demand, Pointnext has been recognized for its leadership in enabling these customers to create new growth strategies and revenue opportunities, while maximizing their IT investments and increasing their business agility.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Pointnext Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't “do it all".
About HPE Pointnext
HPE Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of HPE, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.