The software test engineer is responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of the product test solution. They shall use industry standard test tools to develop manual and automated tests in a variety of programming languages. They will work in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug problems at the earliest stage of development. The test engineer will also be responsible for ensuring product requirements are captured.
· Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
· Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
· Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
· Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
· Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
· Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
· Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
· Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
· Can configure both a Windows and a Linux test system.
· Can source product requirements and create appropriate test solutions.
· Create and run manual tests and automated tests.
· Be responsible for ensuring an audit trail for all test activities.
· Be the voice of the customer during product development discussions.
· Keep up-to-date on current test technologies and processes.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit theUK Border Agency website .
· Experience in a software test engineering role developing test solutions.
· Strong experience using an automated GUI tool such as QTP/UFT using expert view.
· Experienced in writing/executing test cases on large scale multi-platform systems.
· Proven understanding of the various testing techniques (Black, White, Grey, Performance, Load, Security).
· Hands-on working knowledge of any of the following languages: Perl, Python, C#, VBScript.
· Working knowledge of web technology.
· Experience using 3rd party automation tools such as SoapUI, Ranorex, Selenium.
· Experience in working with Quality Centre /ALM.
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us atwww.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .