GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Quality Engineer - responsible for process and product improvements; driving quality metrics to meet the goals/objectives of the business.
· Support Continuous Improvement activities aligned to Plant Quality metrics including but not limited to: Customer defect rate, Cost of Quality, manufacturing yield and L1L2.
· Support containment and resolution of Supply Chain related non-conformance and Ship Holds.
· Conduct assessment of customer reported issues and co-ordinate identification and preparation of target cases for root cause analysis.
· Operationalize QMS policies/procedures/WI/control for production operations at the site.
· Support daily Supply Chain meeting and assignments of quality technicians.
· Co-ordinate effective documentation and implementation of Deviation Requests, Concessions and ECO’s.
· Lead DoA Investigations (e.g. 8D, A3 etc.) with cross-functional teams to root cause and CA/PA implementation.
· Responsible for the scheduling, completion and documentation of Internal audits including process audits.
· Support Supplier Audits, Part Qualifications, Supplier Deviation Requests and Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
· Hosting and preparing for external audits and customer visits, FATs etc.
· Provide required quality information to assist with customer enquiries.
· Utilize Data Analysis and Problem-Solving methodologies to identify and address (Process/Product) Areas for Improvement.
· Communicating investigation/project status to cross functional groups.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent knowledge or experience.
· Strong experience in a technically focused manufacturing environment.
· Proven ability to lead teams and work cross functionally to deliver results and drive quality culture change.
· Demonstrated ability to resolve complex technical issues using proven problem-solving techniques (e.g. 8D, A3, Six Sigma etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill at all levels of the organization
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Certified Internal Auditor
· Six Sigma qualification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
· Strong command of Microsoft programs such as: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .