GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Hydro
We are looking for Operations Technicians to join the Gilboa Hydro Power Plant Operation and Maintenance team.
As an Operations Technician you will be part of a team working in shifts in the Control Room, ensuring a safe and efficient operation of the Power Station, according to the Grid Company demand, company regulations and contract with the Customer.
• Monitor the Hydro Plant production both from the Control Room and from the field and taking emergency action when necessary, in accordance with all relevant Operating Procedures.
• Respond to variances in normal station operating parameters and taking necessary corrective actions in order to maintain safe operation of the station.
• Receive instructions from the grid operator and adjust the unit loads and/or voltage accordingly.
• Issue work requests whenever a deviation or malfunction is observed.
• Ensure compliance with all site Quality Procedures, Work Instructions and EHS Policy and Procedures.
• Report unsafe conditions, events and hazards to the Shift Supervisor.
• Report equipment deficiencies and record required information into the computerized maintenance management system to initiate repairs.
• Maintain and update all routines, schedules and reports with relevant plant operating data.
• Assist in routine testing of plant and equipment.
• Technical qualifications and/or equivalent work experience;
• Previous experience as an Operator in a Control Room, preferably in a Power Station;
• Knowledge of engineering practices, functions and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of a Power Station or Industrial Facility;
• Mother tongue Hebrew, fluent English (both verbal and written);
• Willingness to work in shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Able to learn fast;
• Hands-on approach;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork - able to communicate in a friendly, open and constructive manner;
• Ability to work under pressure and make critical decisions when needed;
• Responsive and Proactive;
• Highly organized.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.