Description de l'offre
Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
We are looking to recruit an NPI TE Engineer who will be responsible for the hardware design and development of test equipment, component specifying, test equipment commissioning and integration for Avionics product programmes. Working as part of an integrated team, you will produce test solutions for a wide range of Controlling and Display products from complex electronic assemblies to electro-mechanical systems.
· Execute the hardware design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned Test Equipment projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product program requirements.
· Support the liaison with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of appropriate solutions to the standards required
· Generate documentation for the equipment from original requirements through to formal release procedures to enable on-going support of the equipment to take place.
· Commission equipment and support verification, validation & integration.
· Ensuring equipment is taken into service by manufacturing in a timely manner
· Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate solutions are designed and delivered
· Work collaboratively with teams to address organizational initiatives
· Present in technical and program reviews
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· HNC/HND in Engineering, (or equivalent)
· Strong experience in an engineering position
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Experience working in Aviation or other high integrity environment
· Working knowledge of equipment wiring standards, CE regulations and other engineering industry standards
· Experience of fault finding and the interpretation of test results and diagnostics
· Experience with JTAG Technologies, ICT and Boundary Scan will be advantageous
· An understanding of programming languages such as C, C++ and LabView to support integration activities working alongside software engineers
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .