Aviation Supply Chain
• Providing service and support to the Plant related to the interior and the exterior of the facilities, machines, tools, and equipment, i.e., lubrication of machines on required schedules-daily-weekly-monthly-annually, upkeep, arrangements, basic repairs, maintenance, snow removal, special event set-ups, machine clean-outs, etc.
• Performing spill response duties, loading, and unloading of vehicles and equipment, etc.
• Conduct safety audit activities.
• Operate motorized service vehicles to include fork-trucks and plant transportation equipment/vehicles.
• Performing preventative services and maintenance on shop-manufacturing machine equipment.
• Repairing and maintaining maintenance-related vehicles, tools, equipment, etc.
• Responsible for maintenance and inspection of hazardous waste areas.
• Training duties.
• Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
• Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
• High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 1-year of experience in a technically-related field i.e., maintenance, EHS, or mechanical-related disciplines; Or
• Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or Technical certificate from an accredited university or college in a technically-related field i.e., maintenance, EHS, mechanical engineering, mechanical-related disciplines.
• Basic schematic and blueprint reading knowledge.
• Working knowledge of basic electrical/electronic systems.
• Experience in identification and diagnostic procedures.
• Experience in small equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Experience in preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Performing basic mathematical calculations.
• Experience in Environmental, Health and Safety, OSHA, hazardous waste, etc., protocols.
• Experience in operating motorized vehicles, i.e., fork-trucks, vans, jitney’s, etc.
• Fork-truck license.
• Proven ability in working independently without supervision in the managing multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated planning, organization, and execution skills.
• Oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Maximo, and/or web-based management systems.
• Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
• Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
ADDITIONAL NOTES SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO ATTAIN A FORK-TRUCK LICENSE.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.