Power Industrial Solutions
The Customer Service Engineer operates as a project manager for services projects and demonstrates accountability for functional fulfillment and broad company objectives. You will be a team leader for field service engineers, and you will plan, execute and lead upgrade/retrofit (CM&U) and assigned projects/jobs in general, integrate/develop processes that meet business needs across the organization & manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
Essential Job Functions:
· Lead execution planning and onsite activities for CM&U upgrade & retrofit jobs and field service, installation and commissioning fulfillment in general including coordination of purchased labor & materials (PL&M), tooling, and execution quality
· Provide the operational leadership needed to deliver flawless execution and customer issue resolution
· Responsible for overall fulfillment metrics for CM&U and site execution: EHS, Quality, On-Time Delivery, and Cost
· Lead efforts to ensure customer service excellence for assigned customers
· Collaborate with Service and equipment Engineering, and service quotation team to accomplish safe& effective support of region customer service objectives
· Manage cost control, quality, and operations-oriented customer communications
· Ability to develop schedules to meet specific objectives, establishes priorities, anticipate resource needs and allocate those resources. The ability to assess several tasks, which are competing for a limited number of resources and to appropriately, assign the order in which each will be addressed
· Work cross functionally with QA, Technology, and Product Line Management to develop, implement, and execute on closed loop quality feedback as it relates to field issue, product issues, service interruptions, and customer complaints
· Implement and manage continuous improvement as it relates to customer satisfaction (TNPS) surveys and results
· Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS, Quality, Integrity, etc.
· Ability to travel as required
· Project management & site leadership experience
· Experience working with field service team
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or physical science is preferred (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a significant industry work experience)
· Willingness and ability to travel
· Excellent communication skills with customers & internal customers in German & English
· Self-starter, willing to grow in role with high communication & collaboration skills
· Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Experience and expertise in maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, testing and commissioning of Medium Voltage and Low Voltage equipment; AC breakers, switchgear, motor control centers, protection relays and DC breakers
· Experience with SAP
· Six Sigma training is preferred
· Commercial savvy
· Strong customer service mindset
· Effective team contributor and member
· Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
· Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions
· Familiarity with project labor and material quoting tools
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .