Description de l'offre
Homeoffice or Augsburg
Power Automation & Controls
An Application Engineer actively drives & manages the technology engagement, evaluation and proposal stages of the sales process. Application Engineers act as the customer’s key technical adviser and product advocate, while providing front line assistance to clients developing and deploying Automation and Controls products.
Possible locations are Augsburg or Home-office based.
· An Application Engineer has the following essential base responsibilities
· Assist Business Development Managers and Account Managers and Channel in establishing new business and directly identifying product and services opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales targets
· Lead new customer demonstration and evaluation activities, providing all customers with exceptional out of box experience
· Respond to functional and technical elements of customers Requests For Information (RFI) and Requests For Quotation (RFQ)
· Directly influence technical decision making processes to promote opportunity wins
· Educate and advise existing customers to promote upgrading to new products or services in order to maintain or grow Automation and Controls footprint
· Work through all phases of customer interaction including customer analysis, design implementation and product manufacturing
· Deep knowledge of, and discipline to properly use, CRM tool (SFDC) to leverage all available resources to help move opportunities to “won” status
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college OR a High School Diploma / GED with strong experience with automation and technical Sales and relevant experience of demonstrated understanding of the Technical Sales Process
· Poven experience in Industrial Automation; knowledge of PLCs/Automation Controllers, IEC61131-3 programming, HMI/SCADA, as well as motion products (servo motors and VFDs) and open architecture computer platforms (i.e. COM Express and IPCs)
· Experience in a commercial environment with sales, marketing, application engineering or customer service
· Ability and willingness to travel, as required up to 75%
· Fluent English and German is required for this role, additional languages are a plus
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Strong negotiation skills
· Specific knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows and other leading operating systems
· Experience in Vertical accounts (Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation and General Industrial)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual
· Familiarity with GE’s Automation and Controls Solutions
· Strong understanding of how SalesForce.com is utilized to grow sales and the contribute to the success of GE’s Automation and Controls
GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.