Erie, Fort Worth
Lead Engineer - Locomotive Bogie/ Truck will play the key role of owning the technical responsibility of Locomotive Truck sub system design development and ensure that the design complies with Subsystem / System level requirements..
* Interdependently lead the Design and development of Truck subsystem components for locomotives, following robust Engineering Process.
* Capture and consolidate Truck Subsystem requirements, develop & finalize truck concepts,perform Trade-off analysis, identify technical risks and develop mitigation plans, Coordinate the truck subsystem interface with all interfacing subsystems,
* Ensure compliance with customer, regulatory and GE specifications.
* Must work with Engineering Technical Leaders & Subsection Manager on various types of projects like NPI, requisition, cost productivity, service productivity & reliability.
* Must lead projects by adhering to GE processes, meeting business standards and program / product requirements.
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
Bachelors /Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3+ years of design experience.
* Deep technical understanding and capabilities in locomotive structural component design.
* Should have good understanding of design of Bogie / Truck system
* Should guide the CAD team to develop 3-D models and packaging concepts for Truck subsystem.
* Must have exceptional interpersonal Skills to interface effectively with cross functional teams.
* Must have experience with fabricated structure design, analysis and validation.
* Must guide the analysis team in defining loads and boundary conditions for FEA.
* Locomotive Simulation Experience using tool such as MSC Adams/ VI Grade - Rail / Simpack
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering – With Design / Structural specilization
* Good understanding of rail standards such as AAR, EN, RGS, UIC, APTA, etc.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
AtGE Transportation , we move the world. We
are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling
industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using
our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a
century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives.
That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of
transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that
keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago,
Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.