Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures. Limited independence in problem solving and decision making.
· Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local GE Businesses
· Validate and apply the appropriate accounting principles on unusual/non-routine transactions
· Perform time out and resolve disconnects on process related activities
· Perform activities required for month-end closing (performing balance sheet and P&L reconciliation, comments) according to the respective business deadlines
· Assist in monthly and quarterly balance sheet and P&L review and prepare variance analysis
· Prepare all balance sheet account reconciliation, open items are accurately closed
· Analyze process transactions and its potential financial impact
· Written and verbal fluency in English
· Solid Accounting experience in a multi-GAAP environment
· Experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment
· Ability to learn/ understand Standard & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
· Has technical skills required to complete everyday operational duties with minimal supervision
· Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Why you should join:
· Multicultural and very diverse environment with people from over 30 countries @ Campus
· A wide variety of social clubs and communities such as: GE Volunteers, Working Parents, Women’s Network, HealthAhead
· GE supports professional trainings
· Friendly working environment (Best Office Award 2015), including gym, cafeteria, hairdresser and a medical center, all conveniently located on the office campus Great career-development opportunities
· Opportunities to leverage your skills
· Opportunity for process improvement/simplification/standardization
· Flexible working hours/home office