Do you want to learn how the most complex transportation network is managed on a daily basis?
Will you be interested in developing your analytical skills in one of Amazon's most data driven departments?
Do you want to fully understand our operation, being responsible for solving our transportation issues and dealing with the best carriers worldwide?
EU Ops Overview
European operations center is control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities.
If you have an interest in analytics, problem solving and you are customer obsessed you have picked the right team.
Purview of an Operations Specialist
As an Operations Specialist you will work across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolving any potential issues that impact business continuity. You will also maintain and report up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions.
- Communicate on day to day with internal stakeholders in order to understand and fix their concrete problems.
- Understand the issue and make best use of the available resources to resolve it.
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information to the relevant owners and teams according to processes and standard.
- Ensure to surpass all performance and quality goals
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one will be required to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand performance metrics to create analysis allowing to drive business results.
- Providing real-time support to a complex transportation network by working in 24*7 operating environment.