At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And, today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. A day to make history. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
The Transportation Business Analyst works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the European Planning Team, Transportation Operations Teams, Warehouse and Sortation organizations to determine future demand and transportation prices which could translates into saving opportunities.
The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideas and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to determine root cause of forecast and pricing errors, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally, apply technical skills allowing the models to adapt to changing attributes. In addition to the modeling and technical skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on customers and professional demeanor and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms and technology rapidly as changes arise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and manipulating/mining data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, Data Warehouse)
· Create pricing models and develop the right pricing strategy to drive efficiency in European transportation operation
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and / or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
· Implement new processes and methodologies across the organization