Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Carrier Sourcing Leas to join the Transportation team.
The role represents a critical function with Amazon EU Operations to continuously improve the service levels, capacities, and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul to ensure promises to the customers are being maintained.
Your team's responsibilities:
· Work in full compliance with the company Spending and Transaction policy, educating and driving the correct behaviours of business stakeholders
· Maintain clear documentation and audit trail of procurement activities
· Utilize multiple databases and systems to deliver accurate metrics, reporting and analytics to measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
· Operate with autonomy, showing proactive attitude and taking ownership of tasks and making decisions in a fast-changing environment
· Prioritize requirements, highlight any missing information and risks to business and challenge for clarification in time.Determine corrective action for risks and obstacles
· Meet service level agreements (SLA) for standard tasks
· Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships with our internal customers and suppliers
· Build and maintain a solid pipeline for carrier on-boarding. Ensure carriers' compliance to internal and legal requirements.
· Ensure operational KPIs are met (on-boarding, attainment, active vs on-boarded carriers conversion rate etc) and capacity needs by cluster/lane and attainment levels covered
· Identify savings opportunities (e.g. through spend analysis) and partner with Carrier Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
· Review Regional hot-spot attainment and on-boarding Metrics, Missed opportunity analysis, follow up with carrier managers for a root cause and action plan
· Follow up with carriers on their attainment, AN adoption, load-board presence, cluster- and lane-level coverage etc. Engage action plans for hot-spot areas
· Execute capacity management plans. Lead capacity tenders, suggest the allocation based on service, price, and carriers development plans
· Train carriers on Relay products collaborating with ROC and AMZ processes
· Review trends and report any deviation from the rate in pricing tool vs the current market rate.
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
The position is based in the vibrant city of Munich, Germany.
Ideal candidate profile
- 3-5 year's working experience ideally gained in Transportation, preferably in a similar role within a logistics provider or retailer
- Experienced people manager
- Excellent Customer Service skills and commercial understanding
- A degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, Mathematics or similar field
- Excellent interpersonal skills / networking skills
- Negotiations/logistics procurement skills/tender management experience
- Performance Management experience
- Supplier Management skills
- Capacity management / forecasting skills
- Contract Management experience
- Planning skills with previous Operations Planning experience
- Fluent in English, excellent written skills, excellent narrative style preferred
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer proficiency in Excel