Do you want to create the greatest possible worldwide impact in robotics? Amazon has the world's most exciting treasure trove of robotics challenges. The Robotics AI team at Amazon is building high-performance, real-time robotic systems that can perceive, learn and act intelligently alongside humans, at Amazon scale.
You will join the European Center for Robotics AI. We are based in Berlin. We work on machine learning, planning, control, simulation and computer vision applied to robotics, particularly though not exclusively to manipulation. We are expanding to meet the huge application demand in Amazon.
If you are excited by creating state-of-the-art algorithms to solve some of the most challenging real-world robotics problems if you would like to live in one of the world's most exciting cities, then we have the perfect role for you.
We have several open positions for candidates with varying levels of experience. We seek candidates who can:
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms for dexterous robotics
· Work on end-to-end robotics systems, creating scalable systems for many applications
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all over the world, in particular Boston and Seattle
· Work closely with software engineering teams to drive Amazon scale, real-time implementations
· Be driven by business goals
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Ideal candidate profile
· A PhD in robotics or a related science
· Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in relevant areas of robotics/machine learning/computer vision/artificial intelligence
· Experience in publishing at major robotics and related conferences (e.g. RSS, NIPS, ICRA, CVPR, CORL, ICCV) or journals (IJRR, IEEE TRO, JMLR)
· Strong coding skills in two or more programming languages such as Matlab, Python, C/C++
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving ability