Description de l'offre
The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Relevance team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
The Product Search organization's mission is to help customers efficiently find anything they are looking for. This charter requires us to build solutions that go beyond lexical matching and semantically understand the intent of the customer. Helping customers succeed in their mission helps us to earn their trust and win their loyalty. This is a rare and exciting opportunity, which is at the intersection of lucrative business opportunity, innovative research and a tremendous learning opportunity. The ideal candidate will have experience building machine learning models and information retrieval systems at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor (in engineering and applied sciences), creativity, and great judgement.
In this role, you will...
· Build machine learning models for Product Search.
· Curate and collect data to train machine learning models, measure, report and compare the performance with baselines.
· Propose and validate hypothesis to direct our business and product road map. Work with engineers to make low latency model predictions and scale the throughput of the system.
· Focus on identifying and solving customer problems with simple and elegant solutions.
· Take complete ownership of the problem, and collaborate/mentor with your peers to deliver the right technical solution and business outcomes.
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
· At least 2 years of experience with machine learning systems.
· At least 2 years of experience building web based production software.
· Hands on development experience in C++, Java, and Python.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation