You want to take the next step towards your career? Then you are welcome at ALTEN in Germany! We support, advise, solve problems, create innovations, and are therefore a competent development partner for renowned national and international customers. The ALTEN Group is one of Europe's leading engineering service provider. Integrated into this international network, we offer you challenging tasks and the chance to experience variety.
As a V.I.E (French for Volunteer International en Enterprise) you are part of ALTEN for at least twelve months and handle full-fledged tasks of a young professional independently. More about the V.I.E program at https://de.alten.com/en/career/graduates/volunteers-programme-vie.html
Join us as V.I.E (m/f) Basic Software Development Automotive in Friedrichshafen, Germany
We are located in the wonderful Friedrichshafen a modern city on the northern shoreline of Lake Constance, close to the Alps and their beautiful landscapes. Accessible by plane, Friedrichshafen and the Lake of Constance host big industries, which have developed to a leader in the automotive industry and aerospace.
- Development: As Basic Software Developer (m/f), you are involved in the development of embedded software for driver assistance systems
- Simulation an Tests: You will participate in configuration, implementation and documentation of simulations and tests
- Software: you will support the software components integration
- Requirements and Analysis: based on costumer requirements you will analyse the functional design in a team
- Internationality: Participation in international project teams and you will work with other technical departments
- Reasoning and curiosity: you have a technical degree in Mechanic, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- First experience and passion: embedded programming in C/C++ or AUTOSAR (also during your studies)
- Knowledge: ideally, you gained experience in the Automotive Industry and first experience with UML, XML, CMMI or ASPICE would be an advantage.
- Openness and organisation: good planning skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Language proficiency: good English language skills and ideally basic German languages skills
Why ALTEN in Germany is the right employer for you
- Work at one of the employers with the certificate “Top Employer”
- Learn or improve your language skills e.g. with German or English courses in the office
- Gain valuable insights in the work of well-known major manufacturers or first-tier suppliers in all business sectors
- Be part of an international team in a multicultural and open minded company with a flat hierarchy
- Get to know our corporate culture: we are on familiar terms among one other and every employee is treated fairly and correctly
- Have fun at regular team or company events
- Drinks, sweets and fruits services in our offices
- Our Welcome Day and the ALTEN Welcome Booklet are parts of our onboarding-program. Your supervisor will support you and answer all your questions.
- We give you the opportunity to evolve in other departments or other countries of the globally active ALTEN Group
- You will get the possibility to stay with us after your V.I.E with a full and permanent contract