Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
We are looking for highly motivated graduates aged 18 to 28 years, who are citizens of the European Union (all E.U. nationals, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Candidates meeting these criteria and interested in a VIE, please register before your 28th birthday on the website www.civiweb.com. For graduates who would be interested in a career with Airbus, this could be the start of a rewarding future in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria. For further information, more details can be found on www.civiweb.com and from www.airbus.com/int/en/people-careers/students-graduates.
For Airbus in Hamburg within the department “Manufacturing Engineering FAL Hamburg " we are looking for a VIE - Project Assistant to Head of Manufacturing Engineering FAL Hamburg (f/m). The successful applicant is supporting the Head of Manufacturing Engineering FAL Hamburg in setting up the Q-Gate implementation for FAL entry and FAL internal re-enforcement.
Start: November 2018
Duration: 12 months (extension to 24 months appreciated)
His/her responsibilities will include participating and assisting in the set-up and implementation of new processes, including the entire spectrum of the reorganisation with topics like:
· Coordination/ development/ introduction and re-enforcement of Quality-Gates into Single Aisle (SA) - FAL Hamburg
· Set-up of a clear working governance in the SA FAL, as well as for component deliveries into the FAL Hamburg
· Exchange with the Airbus Q-Gate Organization with transnational and trans-functional interfaces like Engineering, Supply Chain and Flight-Line.
· Initiating and creation pareto analysis for repetitive blocking items and problems for a clean hand-over
· Development and execution of concrete counter measures and actions for pain-point closure
· Project set-up and execution for longer lasting, transfunctional projects including shop floor feedback rounds and steering
· Direct reporting to FAL management regarding time, cost and quality of measures and execution plan together with the SA FAL Q-Gate manager
· Reporting (issuing regular project reports incl. conducting plausibility and sanity checks on Content)
· Developing dashboard tools (based on Excel / VB) for the team and various stakeholders)
· Presentations, Information Management and further admininistrative tasks
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
· Master degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Management or Communication
· Experience / interest in Procurement, Project Management or Business administration
· Skills in MS office applications
· Outstanding Excel skills including programming are required
· Fluent English is mandatory
· Good German language skills are an advantage, French would be a plus
You offer very good communication skills as well as a reliable, strongly organised and motivated working attitude. In a demanding environment you are able to deal with confidential Information.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).