Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a System Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Navigation Systems GE”.
Compensation level: Compensation Level EG10/EG11, if job requirements are met // published until: 03.09.2018
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Ideal candidate profile
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Ability to understand and apply techniques of automatic control, including filtering and estimation,stability control and
· Ability to use info/data from sensors in control/estimation alogorithms.
· Ability to know and apply application data specific processing techniques and technologies related to Navigation Systems.
· To identify the activities of the development life cycle that are necessary to develop a system/product and provide the level of confidence which is consistent with regulation and program requirements
· To define checkpoints and reviews with associated maturity expectation aligned with program phases and gates
· Ability to provide sufficient detailed data and information about system elements to enable the implementation consistent with architectural entities as defined in models and views of the system architecture and in accordance with the allocated requirements.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· University Degree in Engineering with emphasis on Avionics, Flight Control or similar
· First practical experience in the field of engineering
· Sound knowledge in system engineering (requirement analysis, system design, system integration, interface description, system verification, risk management, etc.)
· English: advanced