Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Ground Loading System”.
The Ground Loading Systems department is responsible for the development and support of the aircraft ground equipment
(AGEs) required for operation and maintenance of the Eurofighter and Tornado fleets.
The AGE Tornado Operational Ground Support System - Technical Support System 2 (TOGSS-TSS2) is developed for the
fighter bomber Tornado, which loads software versions into the aircraft's on-board computers.
Within the scope of the new development for the Tornado loading system TOGSS-TSS2 we are looking for a software developer with experience in the acceptance procedures of the German Federal Armed Forces Aviation Authority (LufABw) and quality
testing agency (GPS).
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Conception and design of TOGSS-TSS2
· Participation in the implementation of a graphical user interface
· Implementation of the charging protocols (MilBus, TCP/IP, PAN SSI) and the program logic
· Preparation of the development documentation for the responsible area of responsibility
· Preparation of the acceptance documentation in accordance with the approval and testing procedures of the contracting authority for submission to GPS and LufABw
· Participation in acceptance tests by quality assurance, the quality assurance department and the end customer (compatibility tests)
· Analysis and evaluation of existing charging and communication protocols
· Testing the TOGSS-TSS2 application in simulated and real hardware environments
· Assistance in the creation of test procedures
· Support in the development of concepts for new charging systems
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Completed studies in the field of computer science, electrical engineering or similar
· Very good knowledge in object-oriented analysis and design
· Expert knowledge in XML, UML, C++, Windows 7 & 10, Windows API, MS Visual Studio, Java and Eclipse as well as in the development of graphical user interfaces
· Experience in creating multi-threaded applications under MS Windows and via network communication protocols
· Very good knowledge of military bus systems and interfaces such as Panavia Link, Stanag 3838 and Stanag 3910
· Knowledge of RTCA DO development standards
· Distinct skills in the preparation of formal development documentation
· Good knowledge of the approval and testing procedures of LufABw and GPS
· Fluent and business fluent German and English
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).