Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth is looking for a Measurement and Control Engineer (m/f) within the area VEHICLE TEST GERMANY for the department ETXSLG.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Please submit your CV in English and German.
In Airbus Helicopters Group, the department Vehicle Tests & Integration Germany (ETXSLG) is part of the "Flight and Engineering Tests" center, which is part of the Design Office. ETXSLG is accountable for vehicle component- and system-tests, such as structure, rotor or fuel test activities.
The main objective of the "Measurement and Control Engineer“ is the preparation and implementation of laboratory tests, in course of commercial and governmental helicopter development, production and operation. The typical tasks are:
· Management of measurement and control work packages in aircraft test projects (planning, technical implementation, performance monitoring & reporting) and coordination of relevant subcontractors
· Analysis of test requests, derivation of test requirements and implementation of metrological solutions and concepts under consideration of technical standards and regulations
· Selection, procurement and configuration of suitable sensors and measurement amplifiers, configuration of hydraulic control loops, programming of measurement- and control programs and self-reliant startup of complete test setups
· Instrumentation of test articles or sensor application (e.g. strain gauges) on geometrical complex aircraft components (metallic/composite), if necessary in cooperation with external suppliers
· Operation of complex hydraulic test benches, for example in course of the calibration of measurement chains or during static/dynamic testing of aircraft components
· Protocolling, data acquisition, data analysis, evaluation and documentation of test results, in close cooperation with test engineers and customers
· Documentation of test benches and rigs, establishment of work safety risk analyses or operation manuals
· Performance of functional and safety checks
· Maintenance, repair and overhaul of metrological devices and infrastructure
· Continuous improvement of the Vehicle Test methodology and of the related measurement- and control Hardware
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
· Several years of experience in Engineering
· Experience in general development and test processes in aerospace industry appreciated
· Specific experience in airplane and helicopter systems, such as composite structures or rotor systems appreciated
· Very good knowledge in analog/digital systems for measurement, control and feedback control
· Experience in electro-mechanical systems, deeper understanding of complex mechanical processes and interactions
· Programming skills appreciated (IMC-Studio, IMC-FAMOS, IMC-Device, Siemens SPS/STEP7, GEMCOS, etc.)
· Advanced in English; Negotiation level
· Distinct analytical way of thinking, reliable, solution oriented, self-confident, open minded, willing to learn, service oriented, self-reliant
· Aeronautic/Space/Defence certification
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).