Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a M&A Financial Analyst (m/f) / Participation Management has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “TFDM - M&A Financial Support & Participation Management”.
The position is limited to one year.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
As the Airbus Defence & Space M&A Financial Analyst (m/f) / Participation Management you will support the Head of TFDM with financial expertise along the M&A process.
You will provide active and efficient financial support in mergers and acquisitions to ensure successful cases and positive contribution to the Airbus Defence & Space financials.
Furthermore you will be responsible to provide active support during due diligence & negotiation phase in order to address and minimize risks and critical finance topics for Airbus Defence & Space.
Your main tasks will be:
· Providing Finance expertise and support to M&A process securing finance approvals
· Driving and supporting ongoing and upcoming M&A projects for Finance
· Supporting in 2018 and beyond on the strategic projects like (Chronos, Java, Salzburg, Aircam, Aerial M&A Projects etc.)
· Supporting the Head of M&A Finance, to secure finance guidance to deal structuring team, analysing financial records and accounting practices of target companies, driving and coordinating finance due diligence.
· Assessing financial implications of assumed divestiture options and aligning with respective functions
· Supporting and leading the Business Modelling and the Business Case
· Establishing the financial business plans as well as synergies analysis and valuations (in coordination with Business Lines and Strategic Asset Management)
· Supporting the coordination of finance (vendor) due diligence
· Coordinating on tax, treasury, accounting and other specific expertise within Finance
· Providing finance support for go/no-go decision making, negotiations, analysis and research, deal term structuring, modelling, valuation and pricing models
· Providing financial expertise to support the management with regards to strategic portfolio decisions to support value creation for Airbus Defence & Space through mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and partnerships
· Acting as an interface with Strategy, Legal, Business Lines and Airbus Group HQ Functions as well as external accountancy companies and transaction services consultants
· Supporting the Head of Participation Management in relation to Valuation and misc finanial topics related to entities re-organization, on
a) Flight Path
b) One Roof
c) Legal Entity Optimization
· Supporting the Strategic Projects:
a) Aerial - development of the commercial drone business case.
b) New Business Models Support
· Providing financial analysis on companies or sectors including competitor analysis, review of historical financial data and preliminary business plan, preparation of pro-forma Financial Statements for defined carve-out perimeter
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· You are educated to a Master degree level or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or similar
· You have already gained a first experience in Finance, ideally either within a bank or private equity
· You have a high degree of initiative and commitment
· You have very good communication skills towards different stakeholders and across all levels of hierarchy and you are willing to work in a fast-moving multi-functional and international environment
· You have and a solution-oriented, proactive and agile way of working
· You have excellent IT skills and you are open for new IT tools
· You speak English to negotiation level and advanced French and German
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).