Description de l'offre
Internship within Spacecraft Attitude Control
Airbus Defence and Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of attitude control? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: Herbst 2018
Duration: 6 months
In spacecraft attitude control, the initial acquisition and safe mode control plays a crucial role for the mission's safety. The challenges of safe mode control are to guarantee high reliability and robustness while the available on-board information is limited and uncertain.
The objective of this work is to establish a profound understanding about both state-of-the-art as well as future opportunities of attitude control strategies based on vector measurements only.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting tasks:
· Review literature on attitude control based on vector measurements
· Review and extend existing strategies, analyze stability and performance
· Investigate the opportunity of full attitude estimation based on vector measurements
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student within Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Cybernetics or any Engineering Study Field with a major focus on Control
· Very good level in Control Theory, in particular good knowledge of Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics as well as Estimation and Filtering
· Good skills in Matlab and Simulink
· Languages: English is mandatory
· German would be an asset
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.