Description de l'offre
Internship within Engineering: Development of Scientific Instrument
Airbus Defence and Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium ST)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of a Project Engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us at the Payload Development department for a full-time internship (35 hours/week, flexi-time) working on the development of fluid physical and external payloads.
Duration: 6 months
The department works as prime contractor and develops zero-gravity research facilities for the International Space Station (ISS). These research facilities are either Experiment Inserts for larger facilities like for example the Fluid Science Lab (FSL) or the Micro Gravity Science Glovebox (MSG) or self-standing experiments mounted externally on the ISS, like the Atomic Clock Ensemble in Space (ACES). Experimental facilities go through the full product development cycle within the department – from concept definition to delivery of fully qualified flight hardware. Current projects are at various stages of progress, meaning that you will have the opportunity to work on different aspects. These phases include the following elements: feasibility study, preliminary design / development, construction / testing of equipment. You will be assigned to a project team during your internship. As an intern you will acquire an in-depth insight into a complete development cycle!
In addition the opportunity exists to write a final thesis after the internship, upon agreement with the department.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
You will work for our project team working on the development of fluid physical and external payloads.
· Define and integrate Mechanical and Mechatronic Sub-system / Equipment / Component / Module matching the required safety, quality and performance levels according to Airbus systems engineering processes and the needs of our customers.
· Specify, Design,qualify and certify for Mechanical & Mechatronic Sub- system / Equipment / Component / Module considering the following factors: Safety, Systems Performance, Cost, Environmental, Operational and Industrial Requirements
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student within Aerospace / General Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Fluid Mechanics, Optics, Physics or similar field of study
· Interest in Lab Work is a must: Measurement, testing, experimental hardware integration
· Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office for project documentation needed
· Programming: Basics in Lab View, C/C++, MatLAB would be a plus
· English: fluent - Please note all documentation is in English
· German skills would be a plus