Description de l'offre
Internship: Implementation of mathematical algorithm on space -2
Airbus Defence and Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of an Engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the Engineering/Design and Development department (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 3-6 months
Afterwards there is the possibility for writing a final thesis, upon agreement with the department.
The Engineering/Design and Development department which specialises in the development of On-board FPGA/ASIC logic and processor solutions for satellite subsystems and on-board scientific instruments. In this scope there is an opportunity to implement and test mathematical algorithm into a Microsemi FPGA's (or XILINX-FPGA's for prototyping).
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
· Performing an architecture evaluation and trade-off of the following mathematical operations based on the fixed-point-format: Multiplication, Division, Square-Root, Trigonometrical Functions, w.r.t. to overall FPGA performance by taking into account characteristics like resources, speed, etc.
· Evaluating algorithm by implementing them into Microsemi (XILINX) FPGA, especially considering what difficulties might appear wrt. the same implementation in Matlab/Simulink (HDL-Coder).
· Documentation of all the evaluation, implementation, various analysis and test results.
· Enrolled student within Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or similar field of study
· Tool Experience within VHDL Design Tools, Matlab/Simulink
· Programming Language: VHDL
· Experience and being amazed by FPGA architectures
· English: fluent
· German: would be a plus
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.