Description de l'offre
Ground Digital System 2.0 – Midstream IDP GIS Dev Specialist (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Ground Digital System 2.0 – Midstream IDP GIS Dev Specialist has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join Midstream Operations Center Department.
The INTELLIGENCE business cluster of Airbus DS CIS (CIS-INT) has initiated the Ground Digital System program (GDS) to renew of its geo-information services facilities & solutions to improve operational efficiency, to prepare for future geo-information services based on a Digital Platform on the cloud and to prepare for the accommodation of Post-Pleiades system. A first phase of the GDS program is scheduled to run over the 2016-2018 period to design, develop and implement the new architecture of CIS-INT service facilities for the optical satellites currently operated in orbit, e.g SPOT and Pleiades. The upgrades for Post-Pleiades will be developed in parallel and implemented before 2020. As part of the GDS architecture, an Intelligence Digital Platform needs to be developed and deployed on Google Cloud Platform in order to give access to data in streaming and to processing and analytics. The platform development is closely related to the R&T/R&D developments driven by the Innovation department of CIS-INT. In this context, CIS-INT is recruiting the Midstream IDP GIS expert developer.
You will be in charge of participating to the development of the Intelligence Digital Platform and providing expertise on GIS problematics. You work in close collaboration with the IDP development team, the IDP manager and the IDP Architects. Within the CIS-INT organization, you report to the IDP Architects. You may also provide his expertise to support other projects (export solutions, etc.).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Participating to the development of the Intelligence Digital Platform on GCP
· Analysing problems, proposing and implementation of solutions for GIS problematics
· Support other development team members for GIS problematics
· Support other projects members for GIS problematics
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Very good knowledge of major Geographical Information Systems (ESRI, QGIS, …)
· Good knowledge of Open Geospatial Consortium norms (WMS, WFS, WCS, etc.)
· Knowledge of Earth Observation systems (functions, performances, operations)
· Knowledge of Java and Golang programming languages
· Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
· Experience in continuous integration and agile development
· Synthetic, rigorous and consistent,
· Proactive and good communication skills
· Team player
· Language Skills: advanced level of English and French