Description de l'offre
Fastening System Engineer for Materials, Processes and Tests (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a MP&T Fastening Systems Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Bremen at the earliest possible start date.
Materials, Processes and Test (MPaT) is an Airframe Engineering domain that supports all Airbus Programmes, Design/Stress offices, Manufacturing Functions, Customer Service and Procurement. Our mission is to provide robust and safe materials, processes and test data that can be used to design, build and maintain our aircraft with the best fit between cost, lead-time and weight.
Within MPaT, the "Fastening Systems" technology team operates transnationally and is responsible for the development and deployment of robust Fastening System Technologies including:
· The development, specification and deployment of engineering requirements for fastening system products and processes.
· The definition and management of test programmes to support qualification and the analysis of the resulting data.
· Ensuring appropriate test methods for qualification & verification of fastening systems.
· Ensuring standardised fastening solutions across aircraft programmes, Natcos and Plants.
Tasks & accountabilities
The area of activity of the Fastening Systems team covers the full perimeter from R&T and development projects such as Wing and Fuselage of Tomorrow, through to standardisation, qualification, in-service and end of life cycle support. Working within the Assembly Technology team you will be required to find optimal solutions that integrate the requirements of various functions such as manufacturing, engineering, quality and procurement.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Define and lead qualification test programmes specifically for the "One Fast" re-tendering project (re-tendering of existing Airbus contracted parts and qualify potential new suppliers).
· Analyse and publish qualification and test data in order to verify the structural performance of fastening systems technologies.
· Lead and manage harmonisation projects in the fastening systems perimeter specifically linked to the "One Fast" project.
· Provide engineering inputs into product and process specifications. Prepare technical documentation (test/qualification documents, memorandum, reports and specifications) in order to communicate technical requirements and outputs.
· Provide Fastening Systems technologies support to other Airbus departments, suppliers and customers.
· Develop and deploy Fastening Systems Technology in accordance with the Fastening Systems Engineering strategy and accountable for ensuring the safety and structural integrity of all products and processes under remit of control.
· Manage and deliver national and transnational technical projects to time cost and quality.
This role will involve frequent travel to Suppliers and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Master Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Material Science, Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering
· Relevant background in aerospace materials, mechanical engineering, automotive industry or aerospace manufacturing processes
· Some background on Fastening Systems would be advantageous
· Ability to translate customer requirements into operational deliverables and prioritise
· Ability to perform in a reactive environment managing several tasks in parallel
· Ability to liaise / negotiate with Engineering, Manufacturing and plants
· PC skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and across all departments, set objectives and prioritise to time, cost and quality in conjunction with other members of the team deliver integrated engineering solutions within agreed timescales
· Manage all allocated tasks and activities ensuring they are correctly planned, resourced, monitored and executed to achieve required quality & customer time scales
· The ability to determine and specify engineering requirements for processes etc
· English fluent
· German or French skills are welcome