Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Big Data Software Engineer (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join „TASSI6 - Data Diagnostics & Analysis Systems'.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a Big Data Software Engineer, you are at the forefront of the development of our Data Analytics solutions. The main task will be to support the existing businesses, find new ways to address their challenges with digital technologies and support the creation of new services.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Installation and administration of new Linux & Web services and big data tools on own Linux servers
- Solving the problems of existing tools, also in cooperation with the local information management team
- Collecting data and 'datawrangling', i.e. transforming, cleansing and linking with other data
- Providing data sets for automatic data models; determining relationships between data source attributes
- Use data mining techniques to perform statistical analyses
- Development and implementation of program prototypes, e.g. in C#, Python, Java or similar
- Support in the implementation of proof-of-concept and projects within the Eurofighter community
- Promoting new working methods and new data governance models
- Presenting the results to different target groups; from engineers to managers
- Sharing and exchanging knowledge with other teams and in close cooperation with the Airbus DTO Team
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or equivalent engineering degree course
- Experience with data manipulation, data cleansing and feature engineering
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (e.g. mean, standard deviation, correlations, etc.)
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab or similar
- Knowledge of machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis and modelling
- Knowledge of visualization tools (such as RShiny, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure (e.g. HDFS, Spark)
- Solid experience with SQL technologies (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, SAP, BW), NoSQL databases (HBase, MongoDB, ArangoDB, Cassandra), ETL concepts and tools
- Fluent in German and English