Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work within Augmented Reality? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us at the Simulation department.
Start: Spring 2019
Duration: 3-6 months
The simulation department within Airbus Defence and Space develops training solutions for different military aircrafts, from Full Flight Training devices until mission, tactics or procedure training solutions.
There is an extensive interest in using AR technologies to enhance the current trainings solutions. Despite that a large variety of AR products on the market, implementation details in providing meaningful and satisfying solutions are still to evaluate.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting topic:
- Bases on a previous study for VR glasses (Oculus) a concept study for AR glasses (Hololens) has to be executed
- Porting of existing VR cockpit elements to AR
- All typical control elements of an aircraft and their different degrees of freedom to be covered
- Real Equipment, Replica equipment and 3D printed barebones integration in testbed
- Implementation and evaluation of a testbed environment to execute human machine interfaces analysis with a test group of flight operators
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Enrolled student (m/f) within Information Technology, Space Engineering, Engineering/Avionics or similar field of study
- Programming skills under Windows using Unity
- Basic knowledge of 3D modelling and geographic data
- Good understanding of 3D geometry
- English: negotiation level
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.