Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Temp
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We are a financial consultant and business partner providing support, guidance and clarity to all Group Functions: Finance, HR, Legal & Compliance, Facilities & Services, as well as General Management / Board. We support them by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. This requires a detailed understanding of business, the creation and monitoring of adequate and effective policies, cost center controlling, correct and timely reporting as well as in-depth analyses combined with competent and professional business partnering.
The responsibility of this team will include ownership and governance of relevant areas of the Personnel Expense (PEX) planning and forecasting process (excluding the PEX planning tool, owned by HR) for all of Group Functions Finance globally, as well as all other functions in adidas AG (and later Amsterdam location), excluding market functions (Western Europe). The scope will also include relevant FTE reporting to the Finance Executive Team (FET) as part of Integrated Performance Management for Finance, such as FTE trends by area, resource allocation depending on priorities, and other related support to business with information, analytics, consulting and recommendations in this regard.
· Support business Senior Management to give a global overview of group functions cost for Group HR function
· Manage cost centers and support cost center managers in all financial tasks (e.g. investment and recruitment requests, cost recharges, etc.)
· Create transparency on global group functions cost: prepare dash boards for Senior Management with variance analysis and recommendations regarding achievement of long term goals
· Monthly analysis of variances to budget and target
· Quarterly analysis of variances forecast to target
· Strategic Business Plan over several years
· Support forecasting and budgeting processes for assigned area of responsibility
· Manage small sized projects and/or actively participate in projects; support the implementation of findings and sustainability of achievements
· Implement adequate and aligned communication packages to present results, recommendations and solutions
· Apply state of the art analytical tools
· Work to achieve objectives and deliver results with a short-term, operational focus as part of the department targets
· Execute and interpret variance analysis
· Execute standardized reporting and ad-hoc analysis
· Ensure smooth operation of day to day business by taking on ownership for related actions
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Business understanding of processes and structure
· Good analytical skills; able to manage large data quantities from multiple sources
· High degree of customer orientation
· High degree of self-management, enthusiasm, drive to perform
· Strong planning & organization skills and ability to accept and meet deadlines
· Ability to maneuver in consistently changing environment
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from senior executives, stakeholders, cross-functional business leaders, and peers
· Good communication skills for persuasion and convincing others
· Fluent in English (written and spoken)
· System expertise: very good knowledge of MS Office products Excel, Access and Powerpoint, SAP FI/CO skills are preferred
· Generic knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· University degree in Business Administration/Finance/ Controlling
· Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience