Veolia designs and delivers services that are vital to human development and sustainable performance through three complementary business activities: water management, waste management and energy services.
Veolia Germany Holding which is coordinating the three business lines (Waste, Water, Energy) is looking for an Open Innovation Project Manager M/W. Two years ago Veolia Germany has started the U-START program, which is a startup program for cleantech startups. As the program grows, the team needs assistance to manage the calls for startups and the related organisation and communication.
The main task of the selected applicant will be to manage the startup incubator program of Veolia Germany “U-START”, under the supervision of the Innovation Manager. In particular, she or he will:
- maintain and if possible broaden the U-START partner network
- manage the startup calls and be contact / communication point for all interested founders
- be in charge of direct startup sourcing via startup platforms & conferences
- be in charge of the internal and external communication about the startup program: Social Media; write articles for the Veolia magazines; prepare flyers; maintain the homepage and intranet etc.
- be event manager for startup events within the company: for example pitch days; startup meetings; “startup villages” (startup events within a Veolia Business Line)
- support the management of the startup innovation projects of Veolia Germany, ultimately to manage projects on his/her own
Day trips within Germany/Europe from time to time are possible
Educational background: Innovation Management; Communication; Engineer / IT; International
Skills: be well organised; open minded; autonomous; communicative; interest in cleantech & startups maybe even already worked in a startup; very good ppt and writing skills (English & German)
Soft Skills: Good communication skills, autonomy, open-mindedness; creativity, patience, reactivity, team work
Languages: fluent German and English (in writing). French knowledge would be an advantage.
Length of the assignment: 18 months
Location: Berlin, Germany
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from PANGEO program, follow us on Instagram: pangeo_veolia