Galileo G2G IVQ System Engineer - Thales Alenia Space (m/f)
We are currently looking for a System Engineer with a software or system engineering background to support the Galileo program team within Thales Alenia Space Deutschland. The System Engineer will be part of the Verification team that is responsible to prove the qualification status of the Galileo Ground Segment towards the customer and supporting potential Galileo 2nd Generation program
· Analyse customer requirements, operational concept and design evolutions, specify and maintain test campaign agreement with customer
· Define the detailed test campaign to assure requirements coverage including pass/fail criteria, test setup, objectives, approach
· Define and manage the test campaign planning (long and medium term schedules, resources)
· Supervise test campaign, review test reports and prepare final test report and results for customer delivery
· Prepare and report weekly progress
· Potential Galileo 2 nd Generation activities
· Analysis of the Ground Segment requirements and the outcomes of previous Phases B0/B1
· Analysis of architecture, functions, evolutions, new technologies and key drivers
· Support to Design Team in terms of requirements definition, ~maintenance and ~management
· Contribution to Design Team concerning implementation of IVQ requirements
· Support to Prime Contractor for customer co-ordination meetings and presentations
· Support to Prime Contractor for Ground Segment Preliminary Design Review activities
· Development and maintenance of the IVQ plan for the Ground Segment Qualification
Qualification / Profile
· Degree in Engineering (Aeronautical/Space Engineering, Computer Science, …)
· Proven experience of 3-5 years in system verification and qualification
· Experience in requirements analysis, specification and management
· Experience in test specification
· Experience in change management
· Experience with systems analysis
· Familiarity with state of the art test automation concepts beneficial
· Familiarity with Big Data analysis concepts beneficial
· Familiarity with engineering processes, e.g. ECSS-E-ST-10-02C, ECSS-E-ST-10-03C
· Familiarity with Agile and Lean principles and methods beneficial
· Good knowledge of GNSS ground- and space architectures concepts
· "Team player", self-motivated, self-sustained working style
· MS Office; DOORS, JIRA beneficial
· Willingness of international travel and 1-2 year mission in Toulouse, France
· Fluent in English language (spoken and written), German and French an advantage
What We Offer
· At Thales Alenia Space you work in an international environment based on team work, innovation and know-how.
· We invest in our employees' personal and professional development. Our internal Thales University at our Ditzingen site offers you a broad portfolio of training and further education programs.
· Professional equality between women and men of all nationalities are important to us.
· We promote a positive work-life balance and flexible working times.
· We have created special programs to encourage diversity and reconcile work and family, helping our employees to enjoy both their family lives and their exciting challenges with Thales Alenia Space.
About Thales Alenia Space
Thales Alenia Space is a key player in the European space industry. With subsidiaries throughout Europe. Its network includes world-class expert groups and competence center for all space-related domains.
Thales Alenia Space in Germany specialises since 2011 in integrating, verifying and qualifying large and complex ground segments, the design, development and manufacturing of space payloads, ground simulators, test platforms and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE).
Do you want to know more? I look forward to hearing from you:
Tel.: +49 (0)7156 353 31695
You can find more information about Thales as an employer at www.thalesgroup.com/karriere