🔍Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
📅 2065Total Views
📅 180002NWRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
1. Job Title : Buyer / Sr Buyer
2. Business Segment : Onshore/Offshore
3. Location : Chennai
4. Type of Position (Tick as Appropriate) : Permanent
a. Duration of Requirement (if Temporary) : Replacement for a Permanent Job
5. Job Purpose :
· Enquires (including sourcing as the case may be) and expedites the bids, negotiates and places purchase orders (PO).
· Prepares the list of the vendors from whom to order, checking also whether or not they are included in the Company Quality file, i.e. Technip's approved vendors list/Project specific Client Vendors list (if any)
· Is responsible for following up all actions necessary to qualify any vendor before the order award, if not yet qualified.
6. Project : Procurement Department – TP USA Project
7. Role : Buyer
9. Reporting Lines
a. Functionally Reports to : Procurement Discipline Manager
b. Operationally Reports to : Project Procurement Manager
d. Key Interactions : With PPM , Projects
Profile (Skills & Qualifications)
a. Must have : Technical Diplamo / Relevant Degree
b. Nice to have : SAP Experience , Certifications
11. Main Accountabilities : Accountable for timely Purchasing
· Fulfills inquiring and purchasing activities properly and within the assigned schedule and budget.
· Makes sure they have all the information necessary for issuing the inquiry.
· Checks that the Purchase Conditions, established for the Project, are wholly applicable to the specific case, and if not, reports the matter to the Project Procurement Manager.
· Expedites bids.
· Conducts basic negotiations with vendors.
· Indicates, during negotiations and on the commercial tabulations, all the necessary information in a clear and well-defined manner.
· Prepares the purchase order documents (mail/fax of order, formal purchase order and its revisions) in due time and in the most definite way possible.
· Contributes to recovery of amounts relevant to back-charges already notified to the vendors by Company field organization, according to the approved procedures.