Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,500 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Do you want to be part of an international team and gain experience
in area of sourcing?
Take your chance and apply as a working student (m/f)!
We are looking for a working student (m/f) for a period of 6 - 12 months (max. 20 hours/week). You will support the Sourcing team in Hamburg in their daily operations and gain insights in the Sourcing to Contract process, as well as in negotiation with suppliers and the work in an international, dynamic work environment.
The main goals of our Sourcing team are to minimize and manage cost and risk to the German SG Group entities by ensuring:
· Cost management and synergies across the German entities, i.e. to ensure that the entities are receiving best value for money with its external suppliers.
· Prevention of supplier risk: financial strength and sustainability; economic non-reliance; insurance coverage; capacity to provide services at specified quality levels as well as to respect all their obligations.
· Contractual security: ensure that appropriate contracts are in place.
· Appropriate collaboration with the corporate Sourcing department and operation within the international framework for sourcing.
Your role as working student:
· You will be involved in the Source to Contract Process on different IT or non IT categories.
· You will conduct market and vendor research and prepare award scenarios as well as recommendations for stakeholders.
· You will support the team in the negotiating process of supplier prices, contract terms and improvement programs by preparing respective material as input.
· You will ensure that processes, guidelines, rules and work ethics are compliant with the Group policies.
· You support the buying team in their day to day operations.
· Finally you have the chance to take over the responsibility for smaller projects too.
You will get good insights into the work in a Sourcing Shared Services Center of a Universal Bank. As working student you can gain practical experience in the area of Sourcing by participating in several, diverse projects. Thereby you also get a good overview of the different Businesses belonging to Société Générale Group. Additionally, you can improve your communication, negotiation and project management skills.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work in a truly international environment and organization within one of the key countries of Société Générale Group.
Please apply through our webpage and send us your updated CV (including your expected graduation date) and a cover letter.
· Currently studying at a University, i.e. still enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
· Ideally you have a previous experience in the area of (strategic) sourcing
· Fluency in English and German, written and orally, is required
· Good command of MS Office
· Very good communication skills (written and orally)
· Being a good Teamplayer, while also being able to work independently
· Showing flexibility and pro-activity
About Société Générale
Présente dans 76 pays auprès de 30 millions de clients, La Société Générale est l'une des plus importantes entreprises de services financiers, notamment en Europe. Grand acteur historique en France dont le siège social est à Paris, La Société Générale propose une large gamme de services bancaires grâce à ses enseignes La Société Générale, Boursorama et Crédit du Nord.
Mobilisée sur les secteurs de la banque de détail, services financiers et assurances mais également banque d'investissement et banque privée, La Société Générale propose des opportunités de carrières diverses et variées telles que la gestion de projet, l'analyse trading, l'audit ou encore le développement informatique. Bénéficiez de cette expertise pour construire votre avenir grâce à de nombreuses offres de stages et VIE à l'international.
La Société Générale vous invite à contribuer à la banque de demain en proposant un parcours professionnel adapté aux envies des jeunes talents. C'est plus de 600 métiers qui sont représentés au sein du groupe partout en France et à l'international. Du Royaume-Uni, à la Suisse en passant par New York ou l'Ile-de-France, tout jeune diplômé peut trouver une place et devenir acteur de la banque de demain.