· Sales and marketing of Structured Products and Cross Asset Solutions to Financial Institution including 3rd Party Distribution, in adherence to both internal and external/regulatory controls and guidelines.
· To support sales force and reinforce SG capabilities in recruiting new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a durable and permanent relationship, and expand both new and existing accounts.
· Ensuring the maintenance of appropriate standards of conduct and adherence to proper procedures.
· Proper risk management, including ensuring understanding of the business, internal control procedures, and policies on risk taking are in place and are properly adhered to
· Regulatory or commercial problems, which are identified, are reported and properly resolved.
· Has in-depth knowledge of his/her coverage market, understands the needs of each client and industry, possesses a good understanding of competitor's offerings, strategy and infrastructure - Relays the information to management, other Sales teams, Engineering/Structuring teams and Trading teams to continuously improve SG's capabilities. Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
Team Work & Cooperation
· Work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group.
· Make necessary efforts and developments to facilitate client requests, sales efforts as well from different internal stakeholder and leverage on our Traders, Research and other business stakeholders to showcase SG's strong Sales & Trading alignment with a purpose to grow the business activity
· To respect all teams and colleagues and to demonstrate a good fit into SG's culture Reporting and Transparency
· To report on a regular basis all information relevant to business activity in a clear manner, including but not limited to meetings with various parties involved in coverage and all necessary stakeholders both internal and external. To enter information on clients and meetings into IC or any other CMU tools and reports to necessary managers and/or COO of sensitive incidents or transactions in a timely manner Compliance
· Refers to the Sales Handbook and avoids entering into any discussion or transaction that could lead to any liability for SG, without the explicit approval of his/her manager, compliance and COO. Understands local rules and regulations of his/her market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre and post-trade, including but not limited to KYC, Product Governance guidelines, credit pre-trade check, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc...), but also all other guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc. Sales shall always refer to and escalate all potential issues, both internal and external incidents to management, COO or Compliance. Dealing Procedures & Coordination
· Cooperates with support functions. Follows up on all pending issues in a timely manner and shows strong support and coordination with various departments (M.O, B.O, Legal etc.),
· Properly input deals in IT systems without delay, in an exhaustive manner. Ensures that all trade workflows are properly documented from pre-trade to post-trade (including pricings, client communications, credit checks, etc.) and that documentations are precise, accurate and in line with SG's internal guidelines. Maintain a close control and monitoring of all risk factors and strive to enforce a zero-error policy on operational errors.
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
· Relevant product & market knowledge/experience and client base; keep abreast of the latest business knowledge
· Proficiency in MS Office, Bloomberg, understanding of automation
· High result orientation and working capacities Autonomous and reliable in dealing with client relationship and client inquiriesTo be a team player
· To be able to work under pressure
· To demonstrate Honesty & Integrity at all times.
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public-sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000WF4
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 29/12/2019
Date of publication: 29/11/2019