Description de l'offre
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,500 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Within Société Générale GBIS, you will join the Operations (OPER) department in Frankfurt.
The Operations Team in Frankfurt provides middle office support to the local teams of Global Finance (GLFI) for Project Finance, Export Finance, Leveraged Finance and Real Estate Finance.
The team is responsible for monitoring the operational risk bound to the transactions originated in Frankfurt by the GLFI business lines mentioned above. OPER steps in just before the closing of a transaction and follows it up until its full repayment, taking care – amongst others – of the rating of the obligor, the follow up of the credit risk, the processing of waivers and amendments requests. The OPER Team in Frankfurt also takes care of agency roles and especially shows a good track record in such roles for complex structured Real Estate and Leveraged financings.
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
· You will review the performance and risk issues of each transaction of the portfolio, including e.g.financial analysis of borrowers, implementation of tools and of key indicators and the development of financial projections.
· As VIE you will manage events related to the counterparty risk, such as analysis of waiver and amendment requests. This will include financial, legal and tax aspects.
· You will draft and present credit memos in connection with these events to the Business line and to the Risk Department and provide respective reports.
· As VIE you will also contribute towards achieving the obligations required by Basel 2/3: obligor ratings, collateral and guarantees, defaults, losses and recoveries.
· When SG is agent of the transactions you will also manage the agency function.
· You will liaise with the back office, notably when the back office handles a new transaction or manages special events.
How you will benefit from this position:
· You will participate in ambitious projects
· You will receive deeper insights and knowledge in the field of Portfolio and Risk Management and into different business lines
· You will get insights into Operations within an internationally operating bank
· You will take over responsibility and being actively involved in implementation and transaction processes
· You will directly see the result of own work
· Ideally a Master Degree from University or Business School with a specialization in Economics, Business Administration or Finance
· Internships in the area of Operations, Portfolio or Risk Management would be desirable
· Perfect knowledge of MS Office
· Fluency in English and German, an intermediate level in French could be an advantage.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Frankfurt am Mainis to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .